Is PELA 158 near me?
You can see where the boundaries of PELA 158 are in relation to where you live by looking at the Google Map below. The area covered by PELA 158 is shown shaded in pink.
How to use this map
- Type in your street address and click "go".
- Once your address is located, you will see a red marker on the map. Then click close to the PELA 158 boundary, but outside the shaded pink area. You should then see a second red marker appear.
- You will then see the approximate distance between your property and the PELA boundary.
THE DISTANCE BETWEEN YOUR PROPERTY AND THE PELA158 BOUNDARY IS APPROXIMATELY: KILOMETERS.
The PELA 158 threat to Blue Mountains
A new Petroleum Exploration Licence application (which covers Coal Seam Gas) called PELA 158 has been lodged by a company called CEEMAC Pty Ltd. As you can see from the map below, the application covers an area from Capertee, Cullen Bullen, Portland, Wallerawang, through Lithgow, Blackheath and down to Springwood/Winmalee. It covers parts of the Gardens of Stone National Park, Wollemi National Park as well as Blue Mountains National Park.
What you can do
If you are concerned about CSG coming to the Blue Mountains, consider the following actions:
- You can sign an online-petitition here.
- Contact your local member and ask what they are doing about this. For most Blue Mountains residents, contact Roza Sage and for lower Mountains and Penrith residents, contact Stuart Ayres.
- Reasons why PELA 158 should not proceed are summarised here.
- Spread the word: please send a link to this page to your friends and family. We need strong opposition to this from residents and potential visitors. For those in the Capertee Valley area, a good local contact is the Capertee Valley Alliance. For those in the Hartley Valley, a good local contact is the Hartley Valley Community Website.
Submissions to government which have been lodged include: